Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Friendship cont-d

It's good to be back in NYC. I feel like the Tom Hanks character in "Castaway", though. Everybody has moved on without me. It's good , I think. It's a chance to start anew. Friendship is extremely important in NYC. Friends are the arena for your self expression. Is it a 50-50 deal? Are both parties doing an equal share in the friendship or does one party feel they are carrying most of the load? Do the two of you stay on the level in your communication? Do you talk it out even or ESPECIALLY when the shit gets thick? These are the questions I ask now. As you get older the gang starts to thin out and you look for deeper and more fitting connection. I like HONEST people especially. If a person is withholding or withdrawing you either have troubles or troubles are not far off. Indulge gossipers at your own risk. If they gossip about others they are probably gossiping about you.

No comments: