Monday, June 22, 2009

Status Update











So this is a look at some of the major pieces after that period of prepping the found wood and the bought masonite. I still haven't begun work on the large canvasses but that will come soon. The unemployment period has got to be coming to an end. In it I allowed myself a taste of "total commitment" to studio practice uninterrupted by the "survival job" of CIBT or any other drudge work..the "turning point" came in late May when I decided to do larger pieces and stretched canvas, I overcame the logistical problem of stretching on expensive stretchers by trying the large masonite and the Basquiat method of cock-eyed stretching. Now I have a sense of a direction but know that I will have to continue to explore beyond the facile and superficial.

No comments: