Saturday, July 19, 2008

Blogging the "Velocity Seminar"

in 1983 I met this minor actress Maggie Rush. I think her biggest credit is a brief appearance in Spike Lee's "Girl 6". She and I got it on in Prov RI, when I was in the process of dropping out of RISD. She was REALLY hot. We had sex in Brian Washburn's house with Brian in there asleep. She was an "esthole". I was into Freud, Reich, Krishna..you know the college "searching" thing. I liked "est". I became a zealot. Erhard was a searcher too. You could sense that. But he had a savant's ability with the essence of Scientology, existentialism, Allan Watts, Transactional analysis, the whole Marin County "self help" smorgasbord. more later...
...So I was deep into est from the mid-80's to the mid 90's. Of course, I had to deal with the negative press that the organization engendered. I did my own research and learned alot first hand about Erhard, et al. All in all, the est years were very good "processing" in terms of heightening my emotional tone, the transition years to the "forum" were intellectually stimulating. The enterprise is a scam in many ways though.

Anyway..I am in one of their seminars now called "Velocity". Don't worry, I know what I am doing and getting into. The seminar started 07/09. It takes place Wednesday nites and we just had session two last wed. I will be reporting on the events of my life thru the course of it's end on 10/15

No comments: