Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Warehouse Gallery "Art in Heat"- Sat Nite

Warehouse Gallery was one of my first orientations to the DC artscene when I moved back here in 2000. I had a studio a couple of blocks away on I Street and met one of Molly Ruppert's granddaughters or neices or something like that. She made me aware of the ARTROMPS which I would participate in for the next couple of years until Molly pissed me off. I wanted to talk to her about mounting a show there in the lobby and she just blew me off. I didn't hear from her for months even though I would see her periodically. What insulted me was not the idea of being rejected but just her dismissive attitude. It's my complaint about alot of DC people. They are covert and two faced. They don't have the balls to just be upfront and forthright.I don't care what people say about me as long as they are honest, and she was such a phoney about it. It became unpleasant to be there. When someone is trying to "con" me I don't buy into their insincerity. I think this throws alot of them off. I just look for friendlier faces or content myself with my own thoughts, enjoy the moment and split.
I hear they are closeing up shop due to operating expenses and a HUUGE tax hike. It's a shame because objectively I think they mean alot to the community and I wish them well. As for me, I can't get out of this town soon enuff.











  • t is not important whether or not the interpretation is correct--if men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - Thomas theorem
  • "If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences"" - Thomas theorem
  • "If people view somebody as great, then he is" - another, more specific version of the Thomas theorem

No comments: