Sunday, July 1, 2007

ytj 100 Bob Roberts- Home theater

One of my passions is collecting movies on DVD and VHS.
My categories are
1. The "A" List..these are the "must have" classics in MY opinion
a. The Godfather's I and II
b. Kubrick collection ( Barry Lyndon, Clockwork Orange, 2001, Shining, Full Metal Jacket, Dr Strangelove)
c. more 70's classics ( Alien, Exorcist, Monty Python's Life of Brian/Holy Grail, Network, Deliverance, Bang the Drum Slowly, Taxi Driver, Tommy, Apocalypse Now, Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Three and Four Musketeers, The Bad News Bears (damn straight), Paper Moon
d. Sixties Classics- The Graduate, Midnight Cowboy, A Hard Day's Night
e. The FEW good movies of the '80's ..Aliens, The Meaning of Life, Revenge of the Jedi, Do the Right Thing
f. 90's and 00's the Return of good filmmaking- Goodfellas, Forrest Gump,Three Kings, Basquiat, Before Night Falls, My Own Private Idaho, He Got Game, 25th Hour, JFK, The Talented Mr Ripley
2. Fan and Special Interests, Including- The Rolling Stones 25 x 5, The Kids are Alright, Monty
Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl, Beatle's Anthology, Comic Book Artists, etc

Today I added Tim Robbin's "Bob Roberts" to my collection.
"Bob Roberts" is a special movie. I don't think it's necessarily a classic, just very good and does classify as a movie that made a difference for me. "JFK" was the movie of that year that to me was REALLY the must have- but this movie was great. I do think though it could have been EVEN better if it skewered the Democratic party as well. I just had my radio smashed by a homeless guy in Dupont Circle so I am not about the whole " nobel victim" ideology.

No comments: