Thursday, May 3, 2007

photo of Warren

When I returned to NYC in the mid-90's I was really "green". I didn't know WHAT was going on downtown and in Brooklyn. This was the period when all of the people from my generation were starting to really come alive in the order of things. Warren was one of the first people I connected with and admired. "Spot" was his space in Tribeca. I think it was his loft. He was , I am told, like an optometrist or something. His shows were REALLY abstract but with beer and very cool people. I think it was on Varick street. He came up with the line.."If it looks like art, then it probably isn't." I looved that. You know, why didn't "I" say THAT. It was so abstract. So perfect for the 90's and a better fit than "In the future everybody will be famous for 15 minutes.

No comments: